Monday, March 9, 2009

How's Your Market?

I was thinking today, as the market was falling, how am I doing? I realized that my values, my faith, and my belief that the U.S. is still the best place to live have not changed. What appears to have changed is our collective relationship to money. For a long time, "getting and spending" money was relatively easy. The "Big Easy" seems to be over. The new reality is that, as a country and a world, we may have to work hard simply to keep what we have. This is worthwhile, and will likely strengthen our values, just as WWII and the Great Depression did for past generations. This is not the kind of reality check we like, but here it is. We must be strong, stop whining, and keep our spirits up. If you’re looking for the media to do this for you, give it up. Watch an old comedy instead. It will be more meaningful. Ed Mallon