Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

For me this time of the year is a time of reflection and thanks. My grandfather came to this country in the 1870’s with nothing but a strong back. I am the recipient of his and my grandmother’s (who came over as an indentured servant) legacy. As I look back, I think of the Berlin Wall going up; the assassination of a President; a financial meltdown; economic recovery; a Vice President resigning; a President resigning; a financial meltdown; economic recovery; the Berlin Wall coming down! The pattern seems clear to me. We seem to have good times and bad times, we keep going on and get through it all without thinking back about how we did it! My forecast for the future is that we will have more economic recoveries and more financial meltdowns and we will survive and do just fine! I hope you all have a safe and thankful Thanksgiving! Ed Mallon